Senior Consultant – Technology Advisory Practice
18 April 2023
Senior Consultant – Technology Advisory Practice, preferably UK based
Who We Are
Altruistic Ventures is a collective of committed professionals who specialise in law firm and in-house counsel advisory services, helping to deliver considered solutions to complex business problems in unique ways. We believe that the legal industry needs a change – to better service its clients and to provide more purposeful roles for those working within it. Our network allows our clients access to the most experienced and skilled consultants in the industry and thus allows Altruistic Ventures to share deep industry knowledge, with the vision of lifting the overall experience for clients of legal industry services.
We provide management consulting services, across both the business of law and the practice of law. Our services span strategic and operational advice with the ability to support our clients throughout the implementation of the advice we deliver, and to save the day on the implementations that may require critical support. With specialisation across all major vertical services areas, including Risk, Finance, Marketing & Business Development, Technology and Programme Management, we believe that success is only possible through a special blend of subject matter expertise, authenticity, empathy and skill.
Skills and Experience
• 5+ years’ experience in the legal sector with expertise in a broad range of technologies.
• Development specialist with expertise with technologies including Intapp Suite, Aderant, iManage, Elite 3E, Contract Express.
• Proficient at developing both browser-based and native windows applications.
• Commercial developer experience with specialisms in .NET, SQL Server, and Elite 3e, and comfortable working with waterfall, RAD, or agile methodologies.
• Experience delivering elegantly architected solutions and clear, maintainable code within the time-frame available.
• Customisations, data analytics, integrations, comfortable with both day to day operation, and servicing critical issues.
• Experience working independently and as part of a team on a wide variety of projects and encompassing the full development life cycle.
• Exceptional problem solving and ability to work autonomously.
• Candidate must be dynamic, engaging, and knowledgeable as this is a client facing role.
• To holistically evaluate and to critically assess the needs of the client and subsequently provide a design-focussed technological solution to meet those requirements.
• To liaise with the client throughout the engagement, to analyse requirements, providing clear, concise, and objective findings and recommendations.
• Offering technical knowledge and design services to provide tailored solutions which delight our clients.
• System monitoring, performance improvements, integrations, enhancements.
• Design and disseminate technical information to the team and the client.
• Build relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers. Liaise between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Assist sponsors to make a preferred solution decisions and build business cases.
• Work alongside both Alt-V Law consultants and client project teams and be accountable for skills and knowledge transfer.
• Technical design and development of:
• New business intake processes and approval workflows.
• Accounts management, invoicing and billing customisations, integrations, and workflow.
• Custom template development (billing, cheques, reports)
• Custom data analytics and business intelligence solutions.
• Data migrations and cleansing.
This is a full-time opportunity on a 12-month contract, with a view to permanency. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns, both remotely and onsite with our clients as required. Some travel (predominately domestic, but with international opportunities) will be required. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Click here to submit your CV to apply for the role
20 April 2020
Altruistic Ventures is a boutique management consultancy providing specialised services to law firms
20 April 2020
There are many great ideas in the world of legal service delivery which never see the light of day….
20 April 2020
Cutting through the hype around Helping the legal industry through COVID-19 “Iso” during 2020…
The newsroom is a portal designed to assist journalists, clients and collaborators by providing a platform for all the latest news and updates from Altruistic Ventures.
To discuss any of the items featured, or to secure Alt-V consultants for interview or comment please contact our Media Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay up to date with our evolution and follow our story here.
Altruistic Ventures Ltd
Company Registration: 12440139