Senior Consultant | Finance Advisory Practice
18 April 2023
Senior Consultant – Finance Advisory Practice, preferably UK based.
Who We Are
Altruistic Ventures is a collective of committed professionals who specialise in law firm and in-house counsel advisory services, helping to deliver considered solutions to complex business problems in unique ways. We believe that the legal industry needs a change – to better service its clients and to provide more purposeful roles for those working within it. Our network allows our clients access to the most experienced and skilled consultants in the industry and thus allows Altruistic Ventures to share deep industry knowledge, with the vision of lifting the overall experience for clients of legal industry services.
We provide management consulting services, across both the business of law and the practice of law. Our services span strategic and operational advice with the ability to support our clients throughout the implementation of the advice we deliver, and to save the day on the implementations that may require critical support. With specialisation across all major vertical services areas, including Risk, Finance, Marketing & Business Development, Technology and Programme Management, we believe that success is only possible through a special blend of subject matter expertise, authenticity, empathy and skill.
Skills and Experience
• 5+ years working in law firms, specialising in legal operations.
• CA or CPA qualified accountant.
• Transformational experience with skills specific to finance technology implementations.
• Post deployment product management experience will be highly regarded.
• Strong business analysis skills to elicit requirements, design solutions, facilitate client acceptance and support the delivery of change and learning and development strategies.
• Experience with relevant on-premises and SaaS finance technologies: SAP, Oracle, Aderant, Intapp suite, Elite, PowerBI and SQL.
• A lateral thinker with considerate approaches to real life implications of transformational on organisation.
• Considerate of change impacts of the technical transformations being delivered.
• A background in user experience, data analytics and process management, beneficial.
• Project management certification (i.e. Agile, PRINCE 2), highly regarded.
• To provide independent and impartial advice for law firms and in house counsel.
• End-to-end consulting services (from requirements gathering, request for information discovery with vendors, vendor selection, involvement in all project phases to implementation).
• To provide delivery advice, steering and mentoring on large scale implementations for top tier law firms (multi-site / multi-jurisdictional).
• To work alongside the client as part of an advisory group to conduct product selection and to oversee the subsequent implementation.
o To participate in sponsors’ meetings, steering committees, team meetings and leading workstreams.
o Knowledge of legislation and regulation across borders.
o To work on a GMT schedule and to be available to travel to clients for major milestones when needed.
This is a full-time opportunity. The role can be worked on a flexible basis and a negotiable hourly rate. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns, both remotely and onsite with our clients as required. Some travel (predominately domestic, but with international opportunities) will be required. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
20 April 2020
Altruistic Ventures is a boutique management consultancy providing specialised services to law firms
20 April 2020
There are many great ideas in the world of legal service delivery which never see the light of day….
The newsroom is a portal designed to assist journalists, clients and collaborators by providing a platform for all the latest news and updates from Altruistic Ventures.
To discuss any of the items featured, or to secure Alt-V consultants for interview or comment please contact our Media Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay up to date with our evolution and follow our story here.
Altruistic Ventures Ltd
Company Registration: 12440139